Sunday, December 14, 2014

A Shade of Vampire 8: A Shade of Novak

A Shade of Vampire 8: A Shade of Novak



button

CUSTOMER REVIEW
review


WELCOME BACK!! It is SOOO good to be back in the Shade! After Book 7, it felt like we were forced to say good-bye to some very dear friends as we watched the Novak clan find their "happily ever after". BUT . . . happily ever after is not happening anytime soon (I know I shouldn't be happy about that, but it means more books, so I'm ecstatic! Maybe I'm just evil like that!)

First, let me say it is IMPERATIVE that you read the Prologue in this book. It provides some great insight into the lives of the Novak family. We get to see how Derek and Sofia have matured in their relationship, as well as their parenting skills. I'm so glad Bella didn't just jump 17 years ahead, but instead gives us a little bit of back story so we can see the twins grow up. It also gives us a baseline for the entire book, explaining a lot of future decisions. So DON'T skip it!

Although the story centers around the Novaks (Derek, Sofia, Ben, and Rose), Bella grants us some little snippets about the other Shade residents. Thank goodness! These snippets answer a lot of questions that many of us had in regard to our favorite characters, including love, loss, and everyday way of life at the Shade. Although, in regular Bella fashion, her snippets also leave plenty of room for new story lines in the future!!! (Hint, hint, Bella.) :)

It was great fun to see Ben and Rose as teenagers - reminded me of what my parents always used to say to me - "I hope you have a child just like you someday!" Parts of the story were like looking at little Derek and Sofia "mini-me's". I could see different characteristics and personality traits from Sofia and Derek that were very evident in their children! It was fun to see the relationships between the twins and the Shade residents, as well . . . very funny to refer to Xavier as "Uncle Xavier" . . . I never had an uncle that looked like that!!!

In true Bella fashion, new characters were introduced that brought out a varied mix of emotion. There was one character that I seriously hated . . . almost as much as I despised Clara - and that's saying something! There were characters that I wanted to reach through the book and choke (had to settle for screaming at my book instead . . . yes, I'm a little emotional when I read). There was even the "bad guy with a good heart" that you can't help but like. Another "Bella hottie - that's how I refer to all these hot and spicy characters she keeps creating! :)

The storyline flowed great, but the end - whew! There was a really nasty twist at the end. The kind of thing that puts a knot in your stomach because it involves someone you have come to love. I really hope Bella writes fast - I need resolution sooner rather than later with this one.

Once again, another Shade book that pulls out emotion while you read, and gives you something to look forward to in the next installment! LOVED IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gallery

2014 © Planer - Responsive Blogger Magazine Theme - Published By Gooyaabi Templates
Planer theme by Way2themes